Oh snap! Ginger cookies stand back. These grain-free gems are as delicious as they are gorgeous and they might even help an upset stomach.
- 1/2 cup dates firmly packed (about 6 dates)
- 1 1/2 cup almond meal or finely ground almonds
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp water
1/2 cup Lemon Zest coconut butter, softened
- In a food processor, process the dates into a sticky ball. Add the almond meal, vanilla, ginger, salt and water. Process for about 30 seconds until well combined.
- Place this mixture between two pieces of parchment or waxed paper and roll with a rolling pin to about 1/8 inch thick. Using a cookie cutter, cut mixture into rounds and transfer them to a parchment lined plate. Proceed rolling and cutting until you’ve used up all the cookie mixture.
- Freeze cookies for about 30 minutes to firm.
- When cookies are ready, soften the coconut butter to a spreading consistency (this can easily be done by warming the jar for 15 – 30 seconds in the microwave). Spread or pipe (#12 tip works well) coconut butter on half of the cookies and then lay another cookie on top of the filling to create a cookie sandwich.
- Prepare your taste buds for an amazing treat and enjoy!
Check out our dark chocolate version of this recipe, also!