Put a lime in the coconut...or top the lime with a little coconut butter. Pop in these mini cakes for a delicious tropical treat!
For the mini cupcakes
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp tapioca flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 1/4 cup local honey
- 2 Tbsp lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp lime zest
For the frosting
- 1/4 cup Lemon Zest coconut butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1 Tbsp palm shortening
- lime zest to garnish
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Combine wet ingredients in a separate bowl and mix into dry ingredients until smooth.
- Pour batter into lined mini muffin pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Combine frosting ingredients (except the lime zest) and spread on each cupcake (once they've cooled). Sprinkle lime zest on top. Enjoy!