Our version of apple pie, only better. Try it with pears, too!
- 1 apple (I used a red delicious)
- 4 Tbsp Cinnamon Raisin coconut butter
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 4 Tbsp oats
- 2 Tbsp chopped pecans
- 4 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350. Slice the apple in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds, leaving a nice round indentation in the middle of each half of the apple.
- Put the halves back together and wrap with aluminum foil. Bake for 30-45 minutes, depending on the size of the apple and how crunchy or soft you'd like it to be.
- Meanwhile, heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the oats and pecans and toast until fragrant, about 3-5 minutes.
- When the apple is ready, place each half skin side down on a serving plate and fill each indentation with half of the coconut butter. Split the oat and put the mixture between the two halves and drizzle with maple syrup. Excellent for breakfast or as dessert!