Now you can tell everyone you ate an entire cake. These are delicious with fresh blueberries or raspberries served on top!
For the cakes
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup coconut milk or almond milk
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil or butter, melted
For the glaze
- 1/4 cup Lemon Zest coconut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees. Grease a mini muffin pan with coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a large bowl and whisk, adding the coconut oil slowly.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine well with whisk.
- Pour about 1 Tbsp of the mixture into each mini muffin cup (yields about 20) and bake until golden and cooked through, about 7-8 minutes.
- Let cool completely before removing from pan.
- Place mini cakes on a plate and freeze for about an hour. When the cakes are ready, warm the coconut butter and the coconut oil (either on the microwave or a small saucepan) combining them thoroughly.
- Pour the glaze in a narrow/tall glass and dip each cake completely in the glaze, removing them quickly and placing them on parchment paper to set.
- Garnish with lemon zest or fresh berries, if desired.