Tart and fresh macaroons keep your taste buds cool. The perfect healthy dessert to take to a barbeque!
- 1/2 cup Lemon Zest coconut butter, softened
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp raspberry preserves
- pinch of salt
- Combine the coconut butter, shredded coconut, maple syrup and salt in a medium bowl. Add the preserves and fold them into the mixture.
- Scoop out by teaspoonfuls and place on a plate. If the mixture is too soft, refrigerate for a few minutes. If it is too hard, warm for a few seconds in the microwave or over simmering water (double boiler).
- Refrigerate to set. Can be stored at room temperature for a few days but will last longer if refrigerated.