This creamy carrot soup is rich and delicious! Don't just wait for the cool weather...
- 2 Tbsp butter olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 cups chopped onions (1 lg. onion)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots peeled and sliced (24 oz)
- 5 cups chicken stock vegetable stock or water
- 6 Tbsp Naked coconut butter about 1/3 cup
- 1 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper or to taste
- chopped scallions to garnish
Melt butter or oil in a large saucepan or stockpot over medium heat. Cook onions and carrots until translucent. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Stir in the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the carrots are soft. Puree the soup until smooth and thick with a blender or food processor.
- Add the coconut butter, salt and cayenne pepper and stir to blend. If the soup is too thick you can add a little more chicken stock, water or even coconut milk to thin it out.
- Serve in bowls garnished with chopped scallions and a sprinkle of cayenne pepper. Delicious!