If you love chewy, crunchy, nutty, salty, sweet, healthy and yummy these bars are for you! But be careful...they're addictive!
- 1/2 cup almond meal or finely ground almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins, dried currants or blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup pepitas pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup Toasted Coconut coconut butter
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Combine the first six ingredients and salt in a large bowl. Warm maple syrup, add vanilla and mix completely. Pour over the nut mixture and stir until thoroughly coated. If any of the ingredients are still dry, add additional maple syrup to coat completely. Warm coconut butter and incorporate into the mixture.
- Line an 8X8 baking dish with parchment paper and press the mixture into the pan. Use a rolling pin or glass to pack it tightly so the bars will stay together after baking. Bake at 350 degrees until the edges are golden (12-15 minutes). Remove from the oven and let cool completely before cutting with a sharp knife. Store at room temperature.
Have fun with this recipe. Try different combinations of coconut butter, nuts and seeds, dried fruits or even chocolate for a new and exciting treat every time! You can't go wrong!