A protein packed way to start your day or keep your energy for the afternoon. Pack them for an on-the-go snack!
- 14 dates, pits removed
- 1/4 cup Toasted Coconut butter
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp local honey optional
- In a food processor, pulse the dates with the coconut butter and almonds until the mixture is well combined and in small chunks.
- Add the protein powder and the salt. Pulse again. The almonds will release their natural oils as they are processed and the mixture will come together like a sticky ball.
- Add a little honey or stevia to taste and pulse to combine. Firmly press the mixture into a loaf pan or use a piece of parchment paper shape into a rectangle. Let it firm in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Unmold and cut into 1 inch squares with a sharp knife.