Deliciously dark and delightful! Try them with espresso coconut butter filling for a little pick-me-up!
- 6 dates about 1/2 cup, packed
- 1 1/2 cup almond meal or finely ground almonds
- 1/4 cup dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate coconut butter
- In a food processor, add the dates and blend until a soft ball forms. Add the almond meal, cocoa, salt, and water. Process until all ingredients are combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. When the mixture just comes together like a sticky ball it is ready.
- Place between two pieces of parchment paper and roll to about 1/8 in thickness. Using a cookie cutter, cut into circles and place in a parchment lined plate. Freeze 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, warm coconut butter in microwave in 15 second increments until it can be easily stirred and is the consistency of frosting. Be careful not to overheat because it will become too liquidy to pipe. If needed, put in the refrigerator for a few minutes to thicken to the right consistency. Pipe or spread on half of the coolies and cover with another cookie, creating a cookie sandwich.]
If you like these but want something a little lighter, try our Ginger Lemon Cremes!