Mounds as delicious as the popular candy bar, but way better for you!
- 1/2 cup Toasted Coconut coconut butter, softened
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 15 whole almonds
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Thoroughly combine coconut butter and shredded coconut in a medium bowl. Form small mounds with the mixture (about a heaping teaspoon) and place on a parchment lined plate working quickly so the coconut butter does not melt with the heat of your hands.
- Place one almond on top of each mound, pressing down slightly. Freeze for an hour.
- Melt chocolate with the coconut oil in a double boiler (or in the microwave in 20 second increments, stirring between each).
- Hold the mounds (one at a time) above the chocolate bowl by laying it flat on a fork and with your other hand use a spoon to pour the melted chocolate over the mound to cover completely. The excess chocolate will drip down to the chocolate bowl through the tines.
- Place on a wire rack or parchment lined plate.
- Keep refrigerated. Let it sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes before serving.