This is a delicious way to dress up the cashew bowl that's perfect for company...and it's Paleo friendly!
- 3 cups raw cashews (1 lb)
- 3/4 cup Naked coconut butter
- 6 to 8 kaffir lime leaves finely chopped
- 1 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup candied orange peel, chopped optional
- Combine lime leaves, salt and crushed red pepper and warm in a nonstick saute pan on low to medium heat until fragrant. Add cashews and toast until they are slightly browned. Add coconut butter and heat for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Coconut butter will become and nutty brown color. Serve warm.
- Store in a airtight container at room temperature.
* kaffir lime leaves are a specialty item and can be found at an Asian grocery